Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Easley06
Helper II
Helper II

Summarize with different tables

Hi would like to ask why my measure is wrong when before its working with other ssas or visual studio dax 

Measure : not working

=COUNTROWS (
SUMMARIZE (
FILTER (
SUMMARIZE (
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY',
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY'[MD NAME],
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY'[FD NAME],
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY'[FM NAME],
'DIM_DEALER'[Level],
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY'[IS_FM_FAM_PRSNLTY],
"GROSS", [Gross Amount]
),
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY'[IS_FM_FAM_PRSNLTY] = 1
&& [GROSS] > 0
&& 'DIM_DEALER'[Level] <> "MD"
&& 'DIM_DEALER'[Level] <> "FD"
),
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY'[MD NAME],
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY'[FD NAME],
'DIM_DEALER_GENEALOGY'[FM NAME]
)
)

measure working 

=COUNTROWS (
SUMMARIZE (
FILTER (
SUMMARIZE (
'FACT_OFF_TAKE',
'FACT_OFF_TAKE'[MD_NAME],
'FACT_OFF_TAKE'[FD_NAME],
'FACT_OFF_TAKE'[FM_NAME],
'DIM_DEALERS'[LEVEL],
'FACT_OFF_TAKE'[IS_FM_FAM_PRSNLTY],
"GROSS", [Gross Amount]
),
'FACT_OFF_TAKE'[IS_FM_FAM_PRSNLTY] = 1
&& [GROSS] > 0
&& 'DIM_DEALERS'[LEVEL] <> "MD"
&& 'DIM_DEALERS'[LEVEL] <> "FD"
),
'FACT_OFF_TAKE'[MD_NAME],
'FACT_OFF_TAKE'[FD_NAME],
'FACT_OFF_TAKE'[FM_NAME]
)
)

THANKYOU

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Easley06  

As I understand in your example only difference is what is source of your SUMMARIZE table: fact or dimension table.

Using SUMMARIZE,  like you did it means columns from that table is summarized. In Power BI, you need relationship (or some other feature) to leverage connections between different tables.

I hope this help

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Easley06 ,

Based on the information provided, it is difficult to determine why the measure is not working. However, there are some general tips that may help you troubleshoot the issue:

• Check the syntax of the measure to ensure that it is correct.
  • Check the data types of the columns used in the measure to ensure that they are compatible.
  • Check the relationships between the tables used in the measure to ensure that they are correctly defined.
  • Check the filter context of the measure to ensure that it is correctly defined.
  • Check the aggregation function used in the measure to ensure that it is appropriate for the data being analyzed.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Easley06 ,

Based on the information provided, it is difficult to determine why the measure is not working. However, there are some general tips that may help you troubleshoot the issue:

• Check the syntax of the measure to ensure that it is correct.
  • Check the data types of the columns used in the measure to ensure that they are compatible.
  • Check the relationships between the tables used in the measure to ensure that they are correctly defined.
  • Check the filter context of the measure to ensure that it is correctly defined.
  • Check the aggregation function used in the measure to ensure that it is appropriate for the data being analyzed.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Easley06  

As I understand in your example only difference is what is source of your SUMMARIZE table: fact or dimension table.

Using SUMMARIZE,  like you did it means columns from that table is summarized. In Power BI, you need relationship (or some other feature) to leverage connections between different tables.

I hope this help

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors