Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cevola
Frequent Visitor

Summarize DAX help

Hello

I have the following visual

Cevola_0-1678991009632.png

Measure=Pictures per camera / Accidents per segmet. How do i write the measure to summarize the data based on Segment.

I am expecting the result as 

Segment        Camera      Pictures per Camera     Accidents per segment      Measure

A1_14b          7631            4302                                  4                                     1075.50

A1_17             1019           6969                                  9                                      1163.11

1020           3499                                          

A10/I_01         9024           14993                                12                                    1249.42

Please help me how to write the measure to summarize based on Segment.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Cevola 

You can try the following methods.

Measure = 
Var _N1=CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Pictures per Camera]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Segment]))
Var _N2=CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Accidents per segment]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Camera]))
Return
DIVIDE(_N1,_N2)

Or:

Measure 2 = 
Var _table=SUMMARIZE(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Segment],'Table'[Accidents per segment],"DIVIDE",SUM('Table'[Pictures per Camera])/MAX([Accidents per segment]))
Var _Divide=SUMX(FILTER(_table,[Segment]=MAX('Table'[Segment])),[DIVIDE])
Return
_Divide

vzhangti_0-1679278776377.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Cevola 

You can try the following methods.

Measure = 
Var _N1=CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Pictures per Camera]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Segment]))
Var _N2=CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Accidents per segment]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Camera]))
Return
DIVIDE(_N1,_N2)

Or:

Measure 2 = 
Var _table=SUMMARIZE(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Segment],'Table'[Accidents per segment],"DIVIDE",SUM('Table'[Pictures per Camera])/MAX([Accidents per segment]))
Var _Divide=SUMX(FILTER(_table,[Segment]=MAX('Table'[Segment])),[DIVIDE])
Return
_Divide

vzhangti_0-1679278776377.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

Measure=DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Pictures per camera]),ALLSELECTED(Table[Camera])), MAX(Table[Accidents per segmet]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors