Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

I1qq6uyz

Sum If - Same Column

Hi all,

I am having a problem to solved this problem:

I want to create a sumif that references a cell to the whole column.
Example below:

I have a column with cars and I would like to create a column that sums all the lines that the number is more than the referent column.

CarNew Column

In excel it would be something like =SUMIF(B8:B12,">"&B8), but in DAX I don't know if it's possible to solve.
In my view would below line, but it is not working

CALCULATE(SUM(Data[Car]),Data[Car]>Data[Car])

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @I1qq6uyz 

According to your description, you want to create a column that shows all the lines that the number is more than the referent column, right?

In the Power BI, you can just use the table chart to display as a new column because this column is filtered by the selection of a slicer. I think you can create a new table and a slicer to filter a table chart to achieve your requirement, you can follow my steps:

Create a calculated table:

Car = SUMMARIZE('Table1',Table1[Car])

Create a measure like this:

Flag =

var _selectedcolumn=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[New Column]),FILTER(ALL('Table1'),[Car]=SELECTEDVALUE('Car'[Car])))

return

IF(MAX('Table1'[New Column])>_selectedcolumn,1,0)

Then you can create a car slicer to place the column in the new table and a table chart to set the filter and summarize type like this:

vrobertqmsft_0-1635761396888.png

You can download my test pbix file below

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @I1qq6uyz 

According to your description, you want to create a column that shows all the lines that the number is more than the referent column, right?

In the Power BI, you can just use the table chart to display as a new column because this column is filtered by the selection of a slicer. I think you can create a new table and a slicer to filter a table chart to achieve your requirement, you can follow my steps:

Create a calculated table:

Car = SUMMARIZE('Table1',Table1[Car])

Create a measure like this:

Flag =

var _selectedcolumn=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[New Column]),FILTER(ALL('Table1'),[Car]=SELECTEDVALUE('Car'[Car])))

return

IF(MAX('Table1'[New Column])>_selectedcolumn,1,0)

Then you can create a car slicer to place the column in the new table and a table chart to set the filter and summarize type like this:

vrobertqmsft_0-1635761396888.png

You can download my test pbix file below

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @I1qq6uyz ! Not quite sure if I got your question correctly but try this:

CALCULATE(SUM(Data[Car]),Data[Car]>EARLIER(Data[Car]))

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors