Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarkWill
Frequent Visitor

Stop filtering so as to get the Lowest ranking value.

Hi

I am not great on DAX and may have made it more complicated than it needs to be. So this may be a simple answer for the experts here. I am away for a few days and will reply when back in the office to any questions.

I have ranking of tickets closed by users within their team (Assignment Group).
What I am trying to setup using a Power Automate button is an email that sends an individual email to each team member.

It tells them the total tickets they closed, their ranking based on the tickets they closed and what the lowest rank value was for the team. I can't just count the number of team members due to duplicate rankings, I'm using "Dense" in the ranking measure.

When sending the emails the lowest rank which should be 7 ends up being a 1.

Changes ranking.jpg

3226dc2b-87f3-4f3d-b793-a0d66291e352.jpg

Example of email output received.

Changes
You ranked 4
Lowest rank is 1 (this value should be 7)
SNOW Changes 5
Other Changes 0

Dax measures and dax column formulas used are below.

Below is the measure that gives me the lowest rank value. I am thinking this may need some more work?

Lowest Change Rank by Assign Grp = MAXX(values('All Changes for Ranking'[All Changes Ranked]), RANKX(All('All Changes for Ranking'[All Changes Ranked]),CALCULATE(SUM('All Changes for Ranking'[All Changes Ranked]))))

Changes Rank = IF(NOT(ISBLANK('All Changes for Ranking'[All Changes Count])),RANKX(ALLSELECTED('All Changes for Ranking'),[All Changes Count],,0,Dense),BLANK())

All Changes Ranked = RANKX ( 'All Changes for Ranking', 'All Changes for Ranking'[Count],,,Dense  )

All Changes Count = SUM('All Changes for Ranking'[Count]   )

Thanks in advance with any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PurpleGate
Resolver III
Resolver III

LowestRankMeasure = calculate(MAX(Table[Changes Rank]), allselected())

Does this work?

Or maxx  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkWill
Frequent Visitor

Thanks very much for your help PurpleGate. It worked with MAXX, code below. So simple when looking at it 🙂 now.

MarkWill_0-1661294103183.png

LowestChangeRankMeasure = calculate(MAXX('All Changes for Ranking',[Changes Rank]), allselected())
PurpleGate
Resolver III
Resolver III

LowestRankMeasure = calculate(MAX(Table[Changes Rank]), allselected())

Does this work?

Or maxx  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors