Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gijs93

Show summary in table based on selected value in Gantt Chart (by making use of a measure)

Hi, 

I have a Gantt chart and would like to show more information when someone clicks on one of the bars in the chart. The bars represent parts of products (ID 4 and 5 in the table).

When a bar (part) is selected I want to show the summary of the issue which is linked to this part. E.g. when someone selects ID 4 (Part 4), the table should show the summary "XYQ" of ID 1 (issue 1).

How can I write a measure which allows a table to display only the issues which are linked to the selected part?

There is a path available which works from higher levels (Product, part, sub part, issue) to lower levels. Furthermore, this path is available in separate columns, so issues have a link to Part ID included. However, Parts do not have a direct link to Issues.

ID

Summary

Type

Parent

Path

Product ID (LVL1)

Part ID (LVL2)

Sub Part ID (LVL3)

Issue ID (LVL4)

XYQ

Issue

3|4|2|1

ABC

Sub-part

3|4|2

DEF

Product

-

-

GHI

Part

3|4

-

DJI

Part

3|5

-

My intuition says the measure should allow to show "all summaries", of “all issues” which have “the Selected Parts’ ID” in their own “Part ID column”.

Thank you so much, 

Gijs 

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Change the interaction mode from "cross highlighting" to "cross filtering"  and you get your desired behavior without the need for measures.

Thank you for your suggestion, however, it did not solve the problem. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors