Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LarBo
Frequent Visitor

Show sales of older products when I try to compare it with newer one

Hi team,

I have this challenge, I’ve new products that I need to understand their performance this year, but as a reference, as I don’t have information of last year, business wants to compare it with similar older products, for example see table 1:

Tabla1.PNG

So I have to prepare table 2 with this information:

Tabla2.PNG

Where Sales Last Year for New Products in fact doesn’t exist, so I must fill with the old similar product sales.

I have defined de first table, but I’m not figuring out how to do the DAX to generate the second table, do you know how can I do this please?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @LarBo ,
See VentasBase1,Not elegant - hard coded the number in, tried V for Juan, which gives us 51k, but does not substitute in for the hard code.May have to work with Ventas G1 . Because of the relationship, should be able to follow that to get the replacement value. Hopefully this will get you down the right route.

Nathaniel MY PBIX PBIX FILE 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @LarBo ,

Where does the sales last year info reside?

Please read this post to get your question answered more quickly:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Nathaniel

Hi Nathaniel, sorry you are right, I've created a set of data as example, hope this is more clear, if not I will gladly try again.

I have sales amount recorded for two years from several sellers (name column), information attached in Datos 1.xlsx  first tab, and I need to evaluate performance in Year 2 against Year 1, but in the cases I don’t have selling information for Year 1, Luis and Julia, I will need to use another sellers Year 1 information as from Juan and Rita respectively, this relation is given in table Datos 1.xlsx second tab, too.

Example.PNG

I need to figure it out how to do the DAX to fill 51.073 in Year 1 for Luis and 40.286 for Rita, so I will be able to measure the performance for each one, I attach pbix file, do you know how can I do this please?

Thank you!

Hi @LarBo ,
See VentasBase1,Not elegant - hard coded the number in, tried V for Juan, which gives us 51k, but does not substitute in for the hard code.May have to work with Ventas G1 . Because of the relationship, should be able to follow that to get the replacement value. Hopefully this will get you down the right route.

Nathaniel MY PBIX PBIX FILE 

Hi @Nathaniel_C, thank you a lot, you give me the solution I was looking for, I just added one sentence to change the hard coded number you write for 51K, modified meassure from:

V for Juan = CALCULATE('h Ventas'[VENTAS];'h Ventas'[Gestion]="1";'h Ventas'[Nombre]="JUAN")
to
V for Juan = CALCULATE('h Ventas'[VENTAS];all('h Ventas');'h Ventas'[Gestion]="1";'h Ventas'[Nombre]="JUAN")
And now the measure you wrote works fine!
ventasBase1 =
VAR _Luis = "LUIS"
var _replaceJ = [V for Juan]
var _replaceR = [V for Rita]
var _calc =IF(MAX('h Ventas'[Nombre])=_Luis;_replaceJ; IF(MAX('h Ventas'[Nombre])="JULIA";_replaceR;[VENTAS BASE]))
return _calc

I add %Avance for calculate performace as in this image:
FinalResult.PNG

The final pbix document is attached if is usefull for other person, thank you again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors