Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dan492813
Helper II
Helper II

Select row in table to filter another table to show all related rows

I have a table of data which has all contacts and another table with all actions related to that contact.

The relationship is one contact_no to many action_cd

All actions have a reference number in the contact table. I have a table that I have filtered to show a specific action if it is overdue but if I click that action I want it to show all related actions using the contact_no. It's kind of working back from the row context. 

Dan492813_0-1663159407172.png

So when I click on any of these actions I want another table to show me all actions related to the contact_no. 

Any help would be appricated. Thanks, Dan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

I don't think that that is possible. When you select a row in your existing table visual, I think that the values for all the columns will be passed to the 2nd table as filters, and that will result in only the selected row being displayed again.

As an alternative you could use either a tooltip or a drillthrough page, passing the contact_no as the parameter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
johnt75
Super User
Super User

I don't think that that is possible. When you select a row in your existing table visual, I think that the values for all the columns will be passed to the 2nd table as filters, and that will result in only the selected row being displayed again.

As an alternative you could use either a tooltip or a drillthrough page, passing the contact_no as the parameter.

Thanks for looking though 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.