Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tkwh1
Frequent Visitor

Seeking Week calculation with 2 conditions

Hello Community,

First time posting here as I did not see the solution to my problem..

What I need is the following:

GOAL :  ‘Week over week%’ calculation under 2 conditions:

(1)  Picks the most recent week of data available (avoid blank) under the selected filters (‘Year’ & ‘Month’ from the Date table)

(2)  Week over week calculation takes into account the days from both current vs previous week

*I want to display the most recent Week-to-date-data on a Card automatically when choosing Year & Month on a slicer. Please see detail below:

Current environment:

• Week starts on Sunday to Saturday
  • Current date : May 24, 2023
  • Dashboard is set up so that users will mainly choose only ‘Year’ and ‘Month’.
  • Created a date table (dimDate) , where one of the columns I use mainly for this calculation where current week is ‘0’  :   [Week Relative Offset] = DATEDIFF( TODAY(), dimDate[Date], week)

DatesTable.jpg

Requirement (1)

• The problem I am having is that when I select the current month (May), it returns a Blank, I am assuming because it is pointed to the last week in the current month (May 28th) where there is no data for.
  • I have tried creating a measure ([Week Calc]) giving me the most recent week for 'Total QTY'.  When I select 'May' on the date slicer, I need it to avoid all blank weeks and pick up on the latest week which actually contains data.

card.jpg

Week Calc  =

VAR CountWeeks =  MAX ( dimDate [Week Relative Offset] )

RETURN

CALCULATE(

[Total QTY],

dimDate [Week Relative Offset]  =  CountWeeks

)

Requirement 2

• Combining with the above Req. 1,  when calculating Week over Week%,  I would also like to incorporate days of that week (current vs previous).  
  • In this example, for the current week  (May 21st total = 1,566) with (Sun = 847) and (Mon=719) data, I want to compare it to the same days from the previous week of May 14 where (Sun = 793) and (Mon = 782).

weeks.jpg

So my goal is:

WOW% for the current week to date  =  (  (847+719)  –  (793+782) )    /   (793+782)

Thank you very much in advance!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @tkwh1 see part "Week-to-date over the full previous week" and other related week calculation

from link https://www.daxpatterns.com/week-related-calculations/ 

I hope this help

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @tkwh1 see part "Week-to-date over the full previous week" and other related week calculation

from link https://www.daxpatterns.com/week-related-calculations/ 

I hope this help

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

hi @some_bih 

Thank you for this link, it seems cover what I need.

Appreciate the help !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors