Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Return first date with zero inventory

Hi all, 

I need to find the first date our sales location have zero inventory of a product. 

I have tried every possible way to calculate this. 

So wanted result is this: 

Merknad 2021-03-04 114143.jpg

I nedd to get the date when inventory reaches 0. 

How do I create a measure or calculated column that gives me the running inventory for every date? Or is this achievable with a measure? 

Which formula do I use to get the date? I have tried 

first date below 0 = MINX(FILTER(Table, [Measure running inventory] <= 0),Table[Date])

But this returns the first date of activation

Please help! 🙂
5 REPLIES 5
rfigtree
Resolver III
Resolver III

=calculate(min(table[date]),filter(all(table),table[runninginventory]<=0))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but I don't have the runninginventory as a column. I dont understand how to calculate it. If i solve that everything else should fall in place. 

Any suggestions? 

running=calculate(sum([distributed]) - sum([activated]) - sum([returned]), filter(all(table), [date] <= earlier([date]))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @rfigtree 

Thanks but that didn't really solve my problem. 

Merknad 2021-03-05 084506.jpg

First distribution for 7 nights kiosk is on the 1.10.2020. on 14.10.2020 inventory should be 6, instead I get the first product activation. So the first date formula returns the dates for every activation, not when inventory is <= 0. 

Any suggetions? I really need to solve this puzzle 🙂

Thank you

Christer

hi i hve no idea what the terms distributed, activated and returned mean in relation to adding or subtracting from your stock.

I can only suggest checking this, i have assumed distributed adds to your stock and activated and returned reduce your stock. if that is wrong please amend the + and -'s accordingly.

running=calculate(sum([distributed]) - sum([activated]) - sum([returned]), filter(all(table), [date] <= earlier([date]))

alternatly i could suggest your data is incomplete, your initial stock on hand is not being taken into consideration.

there is nothing wrong with the concept of my formula, i use it all the time at work.

i too analyse invetory and forecast inventory.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors