Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ThisIsFrank
Frequent Visitor

RankX Problems with Part #'s and Description

Hello everyone,

Just getting started with PBI and have found these forums very helpful so far. However, I've run into an issue with a current report that I'm hoping to get some help with. I've created a RANKX measure to calculate Top 10 failed parts by how much they've cost us, see below:

Top10Part$$$ = RANKX(ALL(D_CLAIM_COF_VW[COF_PART_NUMBER]),[SumOfTotalAccpt])

However, because I've only used the part number field, only the part number is displayed and not the actual description, which resides in this column: COF_PART_DESC

I've added COF_PART_DESC to the tool tips, however, it only shows a count of the values and these are text strings. I need a way to display both the Part Number and Part Description in the same visual. Can I edit my RANKX function to do this or is there another way this should be done?

1 REPLY 1
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, you need a new measure that you use as a tool tip. =FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[COF_PART_DESC],1).

In my opinion this is a silly work around and too hard to do. It should be drop down change on the tool tip rather than this what i feel is a clunky fix..

// if this is a solution, please mark as such.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors