Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JMcAnarney1
Helper I
Helper I

Question for Summing Column based off fields and dividing that into categories based off totals

How can I do following:   I want to sum the following columns to where it will display the same totals based off criteria for each row.  The reason I want to do this is because I want to make a formula to where it will display something like the following:

JMcAnarney1_0-1682697911261.png

Issue is now I do a formula but it is summing each line item that makes up the aggregate but does not display the aggregate itself as below with the following formula: 

CALCULATE(SUMX(
    KEEPFILTERS(VALUES('Bid Template Data'[Bid Event])),
    CALCULATE(SUM('Bid Template Data'[Total Cost]),'Bid Template Data'[Bidder] = "Engineering Estimate",'Bid Template Data'[Winning Bid] ="No")))

How can I write this formula so that it would appear like the following as opposed to just the total cost column shifting over?
JMcAnarney1_1-1682698116223.png

I want it like the picture above so i can eventually breakout and have panel to where I can click and it removes everything that is less than x amount,'

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JMcAnarney1 , based on what I got. one of the two should work

= SUMX(
VALUES('Bid Template Data'[Bid Event]),
CALCULATE(SUM('Bid Template Data'[Total Cost]),filter('Bid Template Data', 'Bid Template Data'[Bidder] = "Engineering Estimate",'Bid Template Data'[Winning Bid] ="No")))

= CALCULATE(SUMX(
VALUES('Bid Template Data'[Bid Event]),
CALCULATE(SUM('Bid Template Data'[Total Cost]),filter('Bid Template Data', 'Bid Template Data'[Bidder] = "Engineering Estimate",'Bid Template Data'[Winning Bid] ="No"))), allselected())

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors