Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mkjit256-outloo
Frequent Visitor

Pulling field in another table connected via an inactive relationship

Hello

I have the three table below:

mkjit256outloo_0-1677208868392.png

that are related as follows: 

(1)-> *: Active Directory User[User],  Workspace_All_RAW[user] 

(1)-> *: Active Directory User[User], Datasets[ConfigureBy], Inactive

(1)-> *: Dataset[DatasetID], Workspace_All_Raw[DatasetID]

In my report, i am creating a slicer based on Active Directory User[User]. I am trying to pull the Name of workspace from Workspace_All_Raw table (working good) and the Dataset Name from the DataSets table using a measure: 

Measure = CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(DataSets[Name]),USERELATIONSHIP(DataSets[ConfiguredBy],'Active Directory Users'[Users]))

but my measure is showing nothing when placed in a table visual.

1- How can i get the datasets name?

2- Is it possible to redesign my model in a different way to avoid having this inactive relationship?

2 REPLIES 2
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @mkjit256-outloo 

from what mentioned above, the third relationship - Dataset[DatasetID], Workspace_All_Raw[DatasetID] - seems unnecessary. Or?

Thanks for your reply.

In my question i have only included these three tables, but my model is more complicated that what you see, and i need the third relationship between ,  - Dataset[DatasetID], Workspace_All_Raw[DatasetID] . What i am looking to do is to select a user from the active directory table and get the workspaces name that he is in (from Workspace_All_Raw table) and the dataset id that they have configured (from the Datasets table).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.