Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SangameshW

Printing content of web link in power bi table [ column] in one go

I have use case , 

A table has column mnamed LINK. it hold https link to a pdf content. there will be more rows in table with link as column.

I am trying find solution to have button [ one click] does below.

1.  Iterates all the links in LINK column

2. hit the link and get the PDF content one by one

3. Send the pdf to printer.

How can i achieve this ?

1 REPLY 1
123abc
Community Champion
Community Champion

To achieve the functionality you described in Power BI, you would typically need to use a Power BI custom visual or integrate with Power Automate (formerly known as Microsoft Flow) to accomplish this task. Unfortunately, as of my last update in January 2022, Power BI does not have a built-in feature to directly print PDF content from web links within a table column with a single click.

However, here's a general approach you could take using Power Automate:

1. Create a Power Automate Flow: Start by creating a Power Automate flow triggered by a button click or a scheduled trigger.

2. Get Data from Power BI: Use the Power BI connector in Power Automate to retrieve the data from your Power BI table, specifically the column containing the links to the PDF files.

3. Iterate Through the Links: Use a loop in Power Automate to iterate through each link in the retrieved data.

4. Download PDF Content: For each link, use the HTTP connector or any appropriate connector to download the PDF content.

5. Send PDF to Printer: Once you have the PDF content, use an appropriate action in Power Automate to send it to the printer.

6. Handle Errors and Logging: Implement error handling and logging mechanisms to capture any issues that might arise during the process.

7. Test and Deploy: Test your Power Automate flow thoroughly to ensure it works as expected. Once you're satisfied, deploy it for regular use.

Remember that this approach requires some technical knowledge and familiarity with Power Automate. Additionally, ensure that you have appropriate permissions and access rights for accessing data from Power BI and interacting with printers.

As for integrating this functionality directly within Power BI, you might need to explore custom visuals or extensions that offer printing capabilities. Keep an eye on updates and new features released by Microsoft for Power BI, as they may introduce functionalities that could meet your requirements in the future.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In case there is still a problem, please feel free and explain your issue in detail, It will be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors