Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

m_wex
Helper I
Helper I

Powerbi Landing Page with selection slicers

Working on a report concept that begins with an initial user landing page. This is a report that multiple departments would use so the first choice made is to select the market. The user selects the market and clicks on the icon and through the use of a page navigation button is taken to the first detail page. So, for example, if the first market selected is agricultural then the user is transported to the detail page that shows only agricultural data. The detail page is hard coded with a page filter.  

This approach has a drawback as it multiples the number of detail pages required. For example, 4 markets and 4 detail pages result in a total of 16 pages. All of the detail pages are the same with the only variable being the market filter. Since the pages are all the same, I want only four pages (no page filters). For this report, there would be no selection criteria slicer for the user to manipulate. I want them to simply click the market icon and the detail page is dynamically filtered based on the market selected. Each button would act like a macro that has a list of instructions, which in this case would be the page filters. 

Is something like this even possible in Powerbi?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @m_wex 
It'll be more helpful if you share the pbix file after removing the sensitive data.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@m_wex , Landing page with slicer selection is possible. Others I doubt.

Refer, I have created a video on the same - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3qMwQtWjvo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors