Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pawelk02

Power BI Waterfall Chart Issue with Excluding Item from Breakdown

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with my Waterfall chart in Power BI, specifically when trying to exclude the item "A" from the breakdown. I would greatly appreciate your insights and suggestions on how to resolve this problem.

Here's a brief overview of the issue:

1. Start point: I want to display the Prior Period  value for the item "A" in the Waterfall chart.
  2. End point: I also want to display the Current Period  value for the item "B" as the end point in the Waterfall chart.
  3. Between: For the items other than "A", I want to display the Variance  value in the Waterfall chart.

LEVEL2PriorCurrentVariance
AXXX
BXXX
CXXX
DXXX
TotalXXX

I've tried using various DAX expressions, including the SWITCH function and conditional statements, but I haven't been successful in achieving the desired outcome. When I try to exclude the "A" item from the breakdown, the chart ends up being empty.

Here's the DAX expression I'm currently using:

walk = 
VAR walkitem = SELECTEDVALUE(Walk[Value])
RETURN
    SWITCH(
        walkitem,
        "CY", CALCULATE([Current], [LEVEL2] = "A"),
        "PY", IF(COUNTROWS(FILTER(VALUES([LEVEL2]), [LEVEL2] <> "A")) = 1, -[Variance], CALCULATE([Prior], [LEVEL2] = "A")),
        BLANK()
    )

But unfortunately I still see A as breakdown, for example

image.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors