Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Saadii_360
Helper I
Helper I

Percentage Difference Shows Minus value in plus

Hi Everyone I hope you all are fine. So reference to the visuals. I have calculated a % diff between Budgeted sale 2021 and actual sale 2021. It shows the correct percentage values but in red box it should mention the percentage in minus not in positive. Kindly let me know If someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Divide formula.pngPercentage Issue.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Saadii_360 

May I ask if your problem has been solved? Is the above post helpful to you?

If  it does, could you please mark the post which help as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I suppose your [Diff] measure calculates [2021]-[Budgeted sale 2021]? If you want to ge this as a percentage simply include that in your numerator so %Diff = DIVIDE([Diff],[2021]) or DVIDE([2021]-[Budgeted sale 2021],[2021]).

I hope this helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accpeting this as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

SO I Have tried this before. but I was confused if the values are correct or not because i want to show the percentage difference that is => the budgeted sale 2021 for actual sale 2021.

divide.png

Hi,

Now I am a bit confused about your question. The numbers seem to be correct? 17 089 is 31,92% of 53 540. I guess you could add conditional formatting to your original values to show red arrow if the percentage is more than 100%. This would display the cases when your budget is larger than actual values.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors