Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Johnners
Regular Visitor

Non-additive measure for a matrix with a slicer.

Hi,

I created the following measure to lookup data in a table. It works perfectly by itself but the matrix disappears when I add slicers and select a level of the matrix which is not visible in the matrix. I want it to behave as if it was using additive data. I have attached a page (additive) with the problem choosing Argentina in the  L4 slicer. The matrix has disappeared. The other page gives the same with an additive measure and showing the behavior I would like. I would be very grateful with help to correct this measure to give the behavior I need. I attached a link to the file. Thanks.

Len_CM =

VAR SelectedMonth = FORMAT([Len_LatestDate],"mmm")
VAR SelectedYear = FORMAT([len_LatestDate],"yyyy")

VAR L6 = CALCULATE([Len_Amt],Countries[LevTot]="6",Calendar[Month] = SelectedMonth, Calendar[Year] = SelectedYear)
VAR L5 = CALCULATE([Len_Amt],Countries[LevTot]="5",Calendar[Month]= SelectedMonth, Calendar[Year] = SelectedYear)
VAR L4 = CALCULATE([Len_Amt],Countries[LevTot]="4",Calendar[Month] = SelectedMonth, Calendar[Year] = SelectedYear)
VAR L3 = CALCULATE([Len_Amt],Countries[LevTot]="3",Calendar[Month] = SelectedMonth, Calendar[Year] = SelectedYear)
VAR L2 = CALCULATE([Len_Amt],Countries[LevTot]="2",Calendar[Month] = SelectedMonth, Calendar[Year] = SelectedYear)
VAR L1 = CALCULATE([Len_Amt],Countries[LevTot]="1",Calendar[Month] = SelectedMonth, Calendar[Year] = SelectedYear)

VAR L6selected = ISINSCOPE ( Countries[L6])
VAR L5selected = ISINSCOPE ( Countries[L5])
VAR L4selected = ISINSCOPE ( Countries[L4])
VAR L3selected = ISINSCOPE ( Countries[L3])
VAR L2selected = ISINSCOPE ( Countries[L2])
VAR L1selected = ISINSCOPE ( Countries[L1])

VAR Result = SWITCH(TRUE(),
L6selected, L6,
L5selected, L5,
L4selected, L4,
L3selected, L3,
L2selected, L2,
L1)

RETURN

Result
What I want above.Johnners_0-1686041983541.png
1 REPLY 1
johnt75
Super User
Super User

If the measure is genuinely non-additive then you could change the measure to return Result + 0. That would force a value to be returned for each level of the hierarchy, allowing you to drill down until you reach the level which does return a value.

If the measure is additive, which this appears to be, you could simplify it to 

Len_CM =
VAR SelectedMonth = FORMAT( [Len_LatestDate], "mmm" )
VAR SelectedYear = FORMAT( [Len_LatestDate], "yyyy" )
VAR Result =
	CALCULATE(
		[Len_Amt],
		'Calendar'[Month] = SelectedMonth,
		'Calendar'[Year] = SelectedYear
	)
RETURN
	Result

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors