Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help: Running Totals Do Not Filter

I need some assistance. My Daily Total column doesn't account for selected values in my slicer. When a item is selected the totals do not recalculate.

Can someone assist?

Daily Total = 
var fdate = MIN([activity_dt])
var ldate = MAX([activity_dt])
var rowdate= [activity_dt]
var finalrange = IF(DATEDIFF(fdate, rowdate, DAY) < 7, DATEDIFF(fdate, rowdate, DAY), 7)
var FilterTable = FILTER(Sheet1, [activity_dt] = rowdate)// >= rowdate-finalrange && [activity_dt] <= rowdate)
return
    CALCULATE(SUM([Gross_adds]), Filtertable)

The output here is as followed:

Daily Total: Is a running total of all categories and does not update regardless of what you select in the slicer.

Correct Daily Total: Is what I would like to see when I select 4 of those categories

MoriJin_1-1649455816441.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries. I figured it out yesterday. The updates should have been made in my 7 Day Running column (not shared) instead of the Daily Totals. In that code, the rowdate and finalrange is applied to where its less confusing. 

7 Day running = 
var service = [service]
var finalrange = IF(DATEDIFF(fdate, rowdate, DAY) < 7, DATEDIFF(fdate, rowdate, DAY), 7)
var FilterTable = FILTER(Sheet1, [activity_dt] >= rowdate-finalrange && [activity_dt] <= rowdate && [service] = service)
var datatotals =   CALCULATE(SUM([Gross_adds]), Filtertable)
var results = if(finalrange <=0 ,  datatotals, datatotals/( finalrange+1))
return
  results

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

I am so glad that you have solved your issue . Please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Looking at your DAX, I have a few questions .

(1)I don't quite understand the meaning of rowdate, when you select multiple, this value will show null value. So, what are you getting this value for ?

(2)If the value of finalrange is greater than or equal to 7 , how did you count the sum of [Gross_adds] ?

From the correct daily totals you provided , it seems to be the sequential addition of the values you selected . So I am confused and hope you can give a detailed explanation .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries. I figured it out yesterday. The updates should have been made in my 7 Day Running column (not shared) instead of the Daily Totals. In that code, the rowdate and finalrange is applied to where its less confusing. 

7 Day running = 
var service = [service]
var FilterTable = FILTER(Sheet1, [activity_dt] >= rowdate-finalrange && [activity_dt] <= rowdate && [service] = service)
var datatotals =   CALCULATE(SUM([Gross_adds]), Filtertable)
var results = if(finalrange <=0 ,  datatotals, datatotals/( finalrange+1))
return
  results

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors