Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiplying Single Values by A Measured Column Total in Table

I have numeric values (1,2,3,4,etc) in one column, and I want to multiply each of these values by the total of a different, measured column. Is this possible within Power BI? 

For example, in Power BI, I utilized the distinct count formula to give me the distinct count of shipments ( "Distinct Count (Y)" ). I also have basic column that gives me the total cost of that shipment ( "X" ). Then, I created a measure that divided Total Cost by the Distinct Count of Shipments ( "X/Distinct Count (Y)" ). 

Now, I have another column that has difference in the distinct count of shipments between this month and last month ( "Z" ). My goal is to multiple each of the values in "Z" by the total of "X/Distinct Count Y". The total of  "X/Distinct Count Y" is basically the overall average cost per shipment. 

Hope this explanation helps. I created this example in excel to visualize what I am looking to accomplish. 

Power BI Question.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think I understand what you mean. I assume that you have either a product that you are shipping or a ship that is doing the shipping for which you have based the distinct count on? You seem to be missing a column in your table/visualisation. Anyway, if you apply an ALL() filter on that column, would this return you the Distinct Count Total?

For example, if the column that you are applying distinct count on is [ProductCode] then you could use:

Overall Average Cost:=CALCULATE([X/Distinct Count (Y)],ALL([ProductCode]))

With your Goal column then just multiplying distinct count Y by your overall average cost.

I think!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mate, if you were to read what you've written, would you understand it? Don't be surprised that you don't get any answers...

Best

Darek

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors