Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Altonga
Frequent Visitor

Multiple row and Column Add up (Remove Duplicates)

I am currently working on a project using a grading system and want to display total% of an individuals skillset. The grading system works using the below image (I've only used my own test ID but in the data set it is showing all 930).

Altonga_0-1670325596345.png

Scenario 1 = 10%, Scenario 2 = 20%, Scenario 3 = 30% and Task 1 + Task 2 both give 20% each resulting in the individual being 100% trained. The main issue with this is that the user can have multiple entries for each header, resulting in the total% being over 100% in some cases.

Is there a measure that can be implemented to just look at each of these columns and just take one entry from each and ignore duplicates while adding up to a max of 100%? Happy to give more details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Altonga 
You can try the following

%Trained =
MAX ( 'Table'[Scenario1%] ) + MAX ( 'Table'[Scenario2%] )
    + MAX ( 'Table'[Scenario3%] )
    + MAX ( 'Table'[Task1%] )

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Altonga 
You can try the following

%Trained =
MAX ( 'Table'[Scenario1%] ) + MAX ( 'Table'[Scenario2%] )
    + MAX ( 'Table'[Scenario3%] )

Hi @tamerj1

Thank you so much for your reply, this worked perfectly! I have noticed that it has affected one of my other visuals which I was showing a top level view for the training records. Please see below. (The top visual.)

Power_BIEPDR.PNG

Is there a way to make the data from the previous solution work in such a view? 

@Altonga 

Can you please explain further?

@Altonga 

Can you please explain further?

ePDR_AV_levels.PNG

Hi @tamerj1 , So If there was some way to use the data created from the measure you helped me with before to display on a visual somewhat to the above image? Showing the number of indiviuals who have acheived either 10%, 20% and so on. Apologise if not clear I'm having a hard time explaining it myself haha.

Hi @Altonga 

manually insert a single column table that contains the values you want to slice by, for example 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc.. let's call it Scores[Score]. This single column table shall remain disconnected from the main table or sny other table you have in your data model. 
now you can use the following measure in a stacked column column chart were Scores[Score] is on the x-axis and the subject is on the legend

SMX ( IF [%Trained] = SELECTEDVALUE ( Scores[Score] ), 1 )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors