Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mulitple duplicates, need sum of total, not line by line.

Hi, I need help! I'm trying to return the value for where there are costs, but no revenues.

But I have multiple duplicate sales orders.

So when I use a =calculate(sum(cost of sales), net revenues=0).  I get the result form sales order 1 below as well as sales order 2. I only want the results from sales order 2, where revenue in both instances is 0. 

I don't want to aggregate (group) the data in power query because I need other line item details.

Sales Order ID    Net Revenue     Total Costs

Totals  
Sales Order IDNet RevenueTotal Costs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try something like:

CostWhereRevenue0 = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Table', [Sales Order ID], "Cost", IF (SUM('Table'[Net Revenue]) = 0, SUM('Table'[Total Costs]))), [Cost])

It will group the data by Sales Order ID (that's what summarize does) and then check if net revenue is 0 for each row. If so it sums the cost.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try something like:

CostWhereRevenue0 = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Table', [Sales Order ID], "Cost", IF (SUM('Table'[Net Revenue]) = 0, SUM('Table'[Total Costs]))), [Cost])

It will group the data by Sales Order ID (that's what summarize does) and then check if net revenue is 0 for each row. If so it sums the cost.
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!! This is awesome! What a beautiful quick way to find get the solution!! Love this!

I didn't realize that you had to wrap the summarize function in a sumx, and that you could reference the summarize virtual table in this! How cool!!

Thanks!!

JustJan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

hi @Anonymous ,

I think you can use something like this:

SalesOrderIDsWithoutRevenue = 
var currentSalesOrder = min(data[SalesOrder])
var rowsWithRevenue = CALCULATE ( -- find all rows with revenue for SalesOrderId
COUNTROWS(data),
all(data),
data[SalesOrder] = currentSalesOrder,
data[Net Revenue] > 0
)
var x = CALCULATE(
sum(data[Total Costs]),
all(data),
'data'[SalesOrder] = currentSalesOrder
)
return
if (rowsWithRevenue=0,x) -- Only show a value when there are no revenues against the SalesOrderID

This will not show a value for SalesOrderId 1.

Jan 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jan, 

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!! I think your solution is probably genius! If only I understood it 🙂 

I'm using PowerPivot in Excel. So I tried to translate your solution. I made three formulas as follows: 

Current Sales Order=min('Data'[Sales Order ID])

Rows with Revenue=CALCULATE(countrows('Data'),all('Data'),'Data'[Sales Order ID]=[Current Sales Order])

Rev grouped by Sales Order=if([Rows with Revenue]=0,CALCULATE([Total Costs],all('Data'),'Data'[Sales Order ID]=[Current Sales Order]))

The last two formulas have the following error: A function 'CALCULATE' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed.'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors