Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

catpoisoncat
Frequent Visitor

More than just using USERELATIONSHIP(), it is complicated, need help

Hi experts,

I am experiencing something more than just using simple USERELATIONSHIP().

The situation is like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-09 114655.png

As you can see the relationship between 4 and 5 (yellow one) is inactive, but I need it to be active in order to use the yellow attribute in table 4 as a filter to apply to table 1 in my drill-through report. I've tried to change the direction from single to both, but it doesn't allow me. I've tried to use CALCULATE (EXPRESSION1, USERELATINOSHIP()), but I don't need to do any calculation in table 5, so I got stucked (BTW, it doesn't allowe me choose any attributes in table 5). I guess my ultimate goal is to make the red arrow pointed inactive relationship active. Can anyone help? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

please test these steps

1, delete the inactive relationship between 4 and 5

2,amend your measure by using TREATAS, for example, calculate(sum(table1[amount]),treatas(values(table4[key]),table5[key]))

Hi @wdx223_Daniel , thanks for your suggestion, I've tried it, it shows no error, but the result is not what I wanted, it is still showing the unfiltered outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors