Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Misunderstanding - ( IN VALUE ) expert help

Hi,

I have this following table to count both :

• New customers
  • Active customer who buy this month.

bandermansor_0-1649168386272.png

This is the Measure for New Customer column:

bandermansor_1-1649168592702.png

The Question is, How is that possible to get new customers using ( IN VALUE ), I tried to understand many times but I couldn't.

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

VALUES of date is evaluated in the current filter context. Therefore in jan 2008 for example it will return the dates from 1/1/2008 to 31/1/2008. 
the first variable creates a table (also evaluated in the current filter context) that contains two columns: the customers available in rhe current filter context and the date of of the first sale of each customer. 
Then FILTER iterates over this table keeping only the rwos where the first sale date is available in the dates of the current filter conext. 
it is a beautiful code!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

VALUES of date is evaluated in the current filter context. Therefore in jan 2008 for example it will return the dates from 1/1/2008 to 31/1/2008. 
the first variable creates a table (also evaluated in the current filter context) that contains two columns: the customers available in rhe current filter context and the date of of the first sale of each customer. 
Then FILTER iterates over this table keeping only the rwos where the first sale date is available in the dates of the current filter conext. 
it is a beautiful code!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree, very amazing code and this is why I have been trying to understand it because it has a very powerful practice!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors