Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power_MN
Helper I
Helper I

Measures for table visual - select value from table visual - ignore grouping of table visual

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem, that I can't solve.

You can find a sample-file by following the link to my OneDrive (in the file you can find a description, too):

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aosv7ECDrc5dtzw5Im5Azt0L0cVL

1) I have make a ranking and display this in a table visual. Now I want to select and display the first place of this ranking for each region in a other table visual.

2) I have another measure. I want to display it in the same table visual as "1)". But this time it shouldn't filtered/grouped by the regions. It should show one value (the "total" average of revenue) over all regions (-> so it shows the average of revenue of one country - not of all individual regions)

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards

Michael 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
gdarakji
Resolver III
Resolver III

For the first requirement, all you need to do is filter by Rank and set Rank = 1 as shown below:

gdarakji_0-1621335141568.png

As for the second requirement, I don't believe it is possible to display it the way you want: one figure over the whole table. The right way to go about this is to just add a card visual to display the average revenue. If you have a fixed number of rows in your table, then you can alignt the card visual with the table visual to make it look it is one single table.

View solution in original post

For the last column, you can use the below measure:

RankOfCustomerB = CALCULATE([Rank Costs],ALL(Tabelle[Customer]),Tabelle[Customer]="B")

I assume you want the Rank of Customer B in terms of Cost. If you want it in terms of Revenue, then just replace [Rank Costs] with [Rank Revenue]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gdarakji
Resolver III
Resolver III

For the first requirement, all you need to do is filter by Rank and set Rank = 1 as shown below:

gdarakji_0-1621335141568.png

As for the second requirement, I don't believe it is possible to display it the way you want: one figure over the whole table. The right way to go about this is to just add a card visual to display the average revenue. If you have a fixed number of rows in your table, then you can alignt the card visual with the table visual to make it look it is one single table.

@gdarakji thanks, that works for me!

Now I want display in the same table visual to every region only the rank of Customer B like this:

Region  Customer  A of. Costs  Rank of B

A              A                 20.67          3

B              C                    9              2

C              B                 14.50          1

So I can monitor Customer B and can recognize, how he performs in contrast to the first place of Evers region 

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards 

Michael

For the last column, you can use the below measure:

RankOfCustomerB = CALCULATE([Rank Costs],ALL(Tabelle[Customer]),Tabelle[Customer]="B")

I assume you want the Rank of Customer B in terms of Cost. If you want it in terms of Revenue, then just replace [Rank Costs] with [Rank Revenue]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors