Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

crln-blue
Post Patron
Post Patron

Measure: Getting running total from previous week number

Hello! 

I have a measure that is a working running total for every week number and I also have another measure where it would display the last month's running total:

crln-blue_1-1608649107985.png

Ending Cash is the working running total for every week number. And Beginning Cash should display the last month's Ending Cash. However, I can't display it and I think my computation is wrong.  Below is the expected output:

Hierarchy1234
Beginning Cash481975526139.24700059.27512847.74
Ending Cash526139.24700059.27512847.74438.015.67

Data is sensitive and a lot of computations so I can't share it. Unfortunately, there is no week function on the DATEADD function. 

My column axis:

Week # = WEEKNUM(B[Date].[Date],1)

My ending cash calculated measure (running total):

Ending Cash Weekly = (SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('B'[Week #]),'B'[Week #] <= MAX('B'[Week #])),[Net Cash Flow Weekly])) + 'Query - Parameter'[Past Year End Cash Value]

My beginning cash calculated measure (the one I have problems with):

Beginning Cash Weekly = 
IF(SELECTEDVALUE('B'[Week #]) = 1,
    [Past Year End Cash Value],
    CALCULATE([Ending Cash Weekly], FILTER('B', 'B'[Week #] = SELECTEDVALUE('B'[Week #]) - 1)
    )
)

My question is, how do I compute for the Beginning Cash which takes the last period's running total? Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@crln-blue , You want running total till last month ? of same week on week ?

This is till date

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[value]),filter(allselected(Table),Table[Date] <=max(Table[Date])))

Cumm Sales till last month = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[value]),filter(allselected(Table),Table[Date] <=max(dateadd(Table[Date],-1,month))))

//with date table

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected(date),date[date] <=maxx(date,dateadd(date[date]),-1,month)))

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@crln-blue , if you have date try like this for running total no need to week calculation, it can be part of date table

example

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[value]),filter(allselected(Table),Table[Date] <=max(Table[Date])))

Rest of the calculation is not clear to me

Hello @amitchandak , thanks for the suggestion! However, my cummulative total is working okay now. I need to use it on week num since my column axis is week num.

Edited the post, I noticed that it's a bit unclear. My problem is how do I get the last month's running total. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors