Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nikolas_ZN
Frequent Visitor

Main Table not filtering the value of the previous date

Hi team, 

I have the following measure with main purpose to calculate the difference between the course of a truck the latest date and the date before. However since there are a lot of trucks I have multiple courses (headings) per day, hence I am filtering them using an id table. The measure below returns correctly the current course, however returns blank in the previous course which is the heading one day before. The Main table has a Many to one relationship to the calendar table. Any thoughts?

Nikolas_ZN_2-1714389818650.png

5 REPLIES 5
Nikolas_ZN
Frequent Visitor

I cant understand how this is helpful since I am not using a json file

This is for debugging DAX code, not for json.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Read about EVALUATEANDLOG, then install DAXDebugOutput and troubleshoot the individual steps.

Thank you for your reply!! I was able to fix it by applying ALLSELECTED after the filter in the second variable. Now the new problem is that I want to show only the latest positions of the trucks on the map. For that reason I have created a filter that gives the latest calendar date based on the date number ( which is a column containing DATEDIFF function). When I select the slicer to show the latest (i.e max number) I got blank result again. Thank you in advance!!

Read about EVALUATEANDLOG, then install DAXDebugOutput and troubleshoot the individual steps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors