Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JordanJackson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Looking for Dax Command to calculate the instances of a value across two tables

Hi there,

I am looking for a dax command that will return the instances of particular values from two tables. I have created a match table with numbers relating to certain categories. e.g. 4=Saftey.

This key is the same across two tables with a lookup table. However I want to have this data into a conbined total to give me one score for each of the categories. 

Currently I have been creating measures to calculate the number of times a value appears in each table seperatly with the following DAX:

App Category 4 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('App Data'), 'App Data'[Category Number] = 4)

But I have just read that measures are not interactive with other visualisations. Also, this seems like an unecessarily high number of measures to have to write and I am sure that there must be an easier way to calculate this. 

I'm not sure whether the soloution will be through DAX or whther there is some way to sum together the instances of the same value from different tables into one combined value.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

The calculation group using tablar editor looked to complex for me currently, so I chose to attempt the problem through a different angel. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JordanJackson 

May I know whether your issue has been resolved? If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. If you still have problems on it, please provide some sample data from your tables and let me know the relationships among them. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Hi,

The calculation group using tablar editor looked to complex for me currently, so I chose to attempt the problem through a different angel. 

Thanks

Hi @JordanJackson 

Noted with thanks!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JordanJackson , check if calculation group using tabular editor can help

calculation groups
https://www.sqlbi.com/blog/marco/2020/07/15/creating-calculation-groups-in-power-bi-desktop/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors