Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Limiting a visual till current selection

I have a slicer which is coming from Calendar table it has dates from 01-01-2015 to 12-31-2060, i have limited sllicer to year 2020 & 2021 with 

var loaddate = max('Brand Attributes'[insert_timestamp])
return
IF((SELECTEDVALUE('Time Dimension'[Date].[Year])=YEAR(TODAY())&& SELECTEDVALUE('Time Dimension'[Date].[Date]) <=loaddate)

|| SELECTEDVALUE('Time Dimension'[Date].[Year])=YEAR(TODAY())-1,1)

in this 'Brand Attributes'[insert_timestamp] is the column on which data is being updated. Along with this we have prev_year_sales & current_year_sales columns. I want to achieve if we have whole 2021 is selected (current month +2 months)

raghavdevsingh_0-1624951158981.png

Filter passed on above visual is 

CurrentYear_Chart =
var loaddate=MAX('Brand Attributes'[insert_timestamp])
return IF(AND(Year('Time Dimension'[Date])=YEAR(TODAY()),'Time Dimension'[Date]<=loaddate) ||AND(MONTH('Time Dimension'[Date])<=MONTH(TODAY())+2,MONTH('Time Dimension'[Date])>MONTH(TODAY())) || Year('Time Dimension'[Date])=YEAR(TODAY())-1,1)

It is a calculated column on Date Table.

If I deselect June (Current Month) then it should show data only till May 2021 but when I deselect june It is showing like 

raghavdevsingh_1-1624951507632.png

But I want it to be till may only. I want to achieve it with Heirarchy slicer

raghavdevsingh_2-1624951586085.png

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

@raghavdevsingh 

Please get familiar first with how to properly work with dates and times in PBI: Standard time-related calculations – DAX Patterns

Then, you can make use of this hint: If a measure returns BLANK, it will not be shown in a visual. Also, you can filter a visual through the Filter Pane and make use of any measure you find useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors