Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AleksandrMe
Resolver I
Resolver I

KPI Target Setting

Good day All, 

Im progressing in my project and now I have issue with setting KPI targets. Reason is that my report is a little complex and I need extra effrot to find solution: 

My example data table is like that:

DATE OF REPORTShip NameConditional Column (Target Date)

1-Jan-21AAJan-21
2-Jan-21BBJan-21
3-Jan-21CCJan-21
4-Jan-21EEJan-21
3-Feb-21XXFeb-21
4-Feb-21ZZFeb-21
5-Feb-21WWFeb-21
6-Feb-21DDFeb-21

at the moment it has 84 lines and growing on daily basis. Each line is submitted XLS file with data (84 reports). With help of comunity I have created follwoing measure to see how many reports I had by end of each target date: 

#RowsNum = VAR currentDate = SELECTEDVALUE('Date of Report'[Target Date])
RETURN
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Date of Report'),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date of Report'),'Date of Report'[Date of Report]<= currentDate))

and got what I expected (filtered by 2021 - 21 files submitted). Below is my graph and dradft KPI visual. 

My struggle is to set target on KPI as I cannot link to any other table due to filtering issues. I belive I can set target by writing a measure, rof example 100 reports for this year? 

AleksandrMe_0-1616678446671.png

Thnaks a lot

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

A KPI goal means you need to know what "good"  represents.  It is not clear in your scenario what is considered "good".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors