Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

swebb
Helper II
Helper II

Issue with DATEDIFF

All,

PBI newbie here. Maybe I'm missing something, not real sure, but I have a measure that I'm using to calculate the average age of an opportunity from our CRM data. It works when coupled with opportunities that have both a createdon date and an actualclosedate; these are both columns in my table. I created another column with the Today() function as the value. What I'm trying to accomplish is show the average age based on the dates(createdon vs today's date, or createdon vs actualclose date) of each opportunity. Thoughts?

Current working formula: 

Avg Age = AVERAGEX (opportunity, DATEDIFF ( [createdon], [actualclosedate], DAY)

Tried:

Opp Avg Age = AVERAGEX (opportunity, DATEDIFF ([created on], [today], DAY) >>> The result I get is ever single column added up and averaged (so instead of individual number of days per opportunity, it's just entire column added and averaged)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @swebb 

please try

Avg Age =
AVERAGEX (
opportunity,
DATEDIFF ( [createdon], COALESCE ( [actualclosedate], TODAY () ), DAY )
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @swebb 

please try

Avg Age =
AVERAGEX (
opportunity,
DATEDIFF ( [createdon], COALESCE ( [actualclosedate], TODAY () ), DAY )
)

Actually, I think we can mark this resolved. I was looking through the records and have determined the counts are accurate. Thank you!

A bit closer, maybe. Still getting some really odd numbers, in to the thousands. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors