Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a bug or something? (Using IF, HASONEVALUE and BLANK functions)

I have a measure formula like this: IF(HASONEVALUE([column_name]) , SUM([other_column_name]) , BLANK() ), so it should give the sum of the other column when the current context is one row and give blank when the current context includes more than one row.

Though, when I add this measure to a visual, it doesn't allow me to include this measure in values. If I change "BLANK()" for 0 or 1, it plots the measure values without any problem. Why could this happen?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I am hopinh you are plotting it with column/axis/row of column_name .

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Also refer: https://powerpivotpro.com/2013/03/hasonevalue-vs-isfiltered-vs-hasonefilter/

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't share. I am plotting a Clustered column chart with a column of the same table (with repeated values) in the Axis well and the wanted measure in the Values well. When I set the measure value to  SUM([other_column_name] or 0, then it plots a column for every axis value, including those who are zero (and I actually don't want those to be showed); and when I set the measure value to SUM([other_column_name] or BLANK(), the chart doesn't support it. Why?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors