Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Praj
Helper I
Helper I

Incorrect % value from DAX formula when used with Slicer

Hi Everyone, 

I have been stuck in a issue where I am receiving incorrect values based on my formula(I know I might have written incorrect formula) 

I have tow tables as below

Table 1: Raw - Which gives information about user and Director for each user

Praj_0-1680771829347.png

Table 2: Information about user, kind of event user had and data of event

Praj_1-1680771887883.png

Overall under Raw table, I have 15 users, out of which 9 are under Director 1 and 6 are under Director 2

I am trying to create below timeline slicer to check % of users who had an event during a specific timeframe and I am using a slicer to filter based on the director as shown below and I am using below DAX formula to calculate the % of users with events

% of user with actions = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Test[User])),CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Raw[User]),ALL(Test)))

Praj_2-1680772144448.png

To issue here I am facing is, When I choose, Dir 1 in slicer and a specific timeframe, There are 6 users who had events under Dir 1
The percentage value I am expecting is 6/9(66.6%) where 9 is the total number of users under Dir 1 however, I am getting 40%(6/15) the formula is taking all users in denominator instead of users only under Dir 1.

I know there is some issues with my formula and checked few resources with no luck. Anyone who had this issue here or any possible solution for the problem please let me know the approach.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Praj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Wilson_
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello Praj,

Can you try the below? What I did was instead of unfiltering the whole Test table, I'm unfiltering only the User field. (I also removed what I think is an unnecessary CALCULATE and moved the denominator into a variable for ease of reading.)

% of user with actions = 
VAR AllUsers =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Raw[User] ),
    ALL ( Test[User] )
)

RETURN
DIVIDE ( 
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Test[User] ),
    AllUsers
)

I've made some assumptions about the data model and your visual so if the above doesn't work for you, please provide a pbix. It would help me tremendously. 😄

----------------------------------
If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it quickly. Also, don't forget to hit that thumbs up and subscribe! (Oh, uh, wrong platform?)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Praj
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @Wilson_  for this. It worked for me.!

Wilson_
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello Praj,

Can you try the below? What I did was instead of unfiltering the whole Test table, I'm unfiltering only the User field. (I also removed what I think is an unnecessary CALCULATE and moved the denominator into a variable for ease of reading.)

% of user with actions = 
VAR AllUsers =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Raw[User] ),
    ALL ( Test[User] )
)

RETURN
DIVIDE ( 
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Test[User] ),
    AllUsers
)

I've made some assumptions about the data model and your visual so if the above doesn't work for you, please provide a pbix. It would help me tremendously. 😄

----------------------------------
If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it quickly. Also, don't forget to hit that thumbs up and subscribe! (Oh, uh, wrong platform?)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors