Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cb123456

IN operator with variable from concatenatex

Hi all,

I want to use the IN operator in a measure to calculate a sum. If I enter the needed criterias directly it works and provides the correct results, e.g.

IN {"ABC";"DEF";"GHI";"JKL";"MNO"}

ABC-MNO are part of another table and stored in multiple lines each linked to a contract number. Therefore I created a measure using CONCATENATEX to get the needed values. 

[CONC]=Calculate(CONCATENATEX(Table1;""""&Table1[KEY1]&"""";";");Table1[Field]="M007")

The result of this measure is e.g. "ABC";"DEF";"GHI";"JKL";"MNO" but could also be "ABC";"GHI";"MNO"

Using the result of the CONCATENATEX as a variable and put it into the Measure gives back no error message but also no values.

sales =

var AC =[conc]

RETURN

CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[sales]);FILTER(Table2;Table2[AC_key] IN {AC}))

If I hardcode the variable with "ABC" it works but using hard coded "ABC";"DEF" etc. it does also not work.

Any ideas? Where is my mistake? Or is there maybe a better solution?

Best regards and thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cb123456 , Now sure Why are you doing like that

you can try

CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[sales]);FILTER(Table2;Table2[AC_key] IN value(Table1[Key]) ))

or

CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[sales]);FILTER(Table2;Table2[AC_key] IN summarize(filter(Table1[Field]="M007"),Table1[Key])))

or refer

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/propagate-filters-using-treatas-in-dax/

@amitchandak Thanks for your response and your support! Attached an example of my data structure. Table 1 contains information for different contracts. For each contract I need to calculate the sales that are stored in table 2 based on the entries made under the different FIELDCOMB. So for Num 1 I need the sales from table 2 where O004=AA and C001 = 123456 and O002 =ABC etc. And for Num 2 I need the sales where O002=ABC and C001=234567 and also C001 = 123456 and M007 is not AER, AEU, AEV, AEW, AEZ (Each entry can either be "inclusive" I or "exclusive" E). So I have multiple lines per contract that I need to evaluate based on columns in theTable 2.example.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.