Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VictorDAX
Regular Visitor

How to show total of rows in a table visual under a string column

Hello,

I would like to display the number of rows in my table in the total row under a string column.

I have created a measure like this:

BuildingAndTotal = IF(HASONEVALUE(FactSales[Building]),SELECTEDVALUE(FactSales[Building]),COUNTROWS(FactSales))

But when I use only this measure, the Year column and TotalSales in my table, the detail of the sites disappears.
I would like to keep this detail, how to do ?

In the Expected table on the screenshot, I have left the Buidling column but I have hidden it. I would like to know if it is possible to have the same result as this table without leaving this column?

And I would also like the number of rows to appear as a whole number without the decimals. Is this possible?

Capture d’écran 2023-05-16 101051.JPG

Thank you for your help,

Victor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

You can make your dax work with a small change,
Use ISFILTERED instead of HASONEVALUE:

BuildingAndTotal = IF(ISFILTERED(FactSale[Building]),SELECTEDVALUE(FactSale[Building]),COUNTROWS(FactSale))

End result:
ValtteriN_0-1684230510305.png

I hope this post helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting it as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/n%C3%A4ttiahov-00001/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

You can make your dax work with a small change,
Use ISFILTERED instead of HASONEVALUE:

BuildingAndTotal = IF(ISFILTERED(FactSale[Building]),SELECTEDVALUE(FactSale[Building]),COUNTROWS(FactSale))

End result:
ValtteriN_0-1684230510305.png

I hope this post helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting it as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/n%C3%A4ttiahov-00001/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you for your reply, will try!

In your screenshot your using a different measure from your text :

BuildingAndTotal = IF(ISFILTERED(FactSale[Year]),MAX(FactSale[Building]),COUNTROWS(FactSale))

Could you explain why you use ISFILTERED on Year column and why you use MAX instead of SELECTEDVALUE ? To be able to get the correct syntax first try next time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors