Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Matt78
Helper I
Helper I

How to leave out one field when whole matrix is filtered?

Hello

I have a list or orders that contains vendor no's and qty or orders from each. My matrix is filtered that it calculated only purchases that contain items, leaving out purchases that are in G/L accounts. However, we have one vendor which should be in this list even if ALL of purchases are in G/L accounts, not items. 

I have filtered my matrix so that it leaves out purchases which have item category = empty

How can I have this one vendor to be visible in my list, so that my filtering wouldn't apply to this certain vendor?

Matt78_0-1698912979416.png

br

Matt

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

probably needs dummy item lines.

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
If you are unsure how to do that please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

If you want to get answers faster please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

VendorItem CategoryQuantity
50772 20000
90001CAT7000
80003DOG50000

Hi

I think this could be solved with Replacer.ReplaceText and Table.ReplaceValue functions but can't seem to get them right. Appreciate the help. End result should be: if vender number is 50772 then Item Category is "X"

br

Matti

I thought you wanted to display vendor 50772 regardless of what item category is selected/filtered?

I want to display vendors which have item category, with the exception if vendor 50772 which doesn't have item category. So I was thinking to use replace function to replace empty field(s) with X.

Do you plan to use a category slicer?  Will your users know to always select "X"  on that slicer?

Spoiler
Yes, this report is based on purchase invoice lines. The whole report page is filtered that only lines with item categories are visible. This is the way to leave out for example phone bills etc and show only purchases of items. The exception is vendor 50772 and it doesn't matter which item category it has, until it is something else as empty. If this vendor has item category "X" and I will choose this, then all purchases will be visible for this vendor

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors