Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Sixian
Frequent Visitor

How to filter a page with different attributes using the same value

I'm struggling with a couple of problems in the same project and I'll post two different help request.

You can find the Problem 2 in this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/How-to-create-a-view-with-the-largest-three-v...

Problem 1.

I have a table with more than 80 Attributes, like this:

Sixian_0-1611214767563.png

I want to create a page with a simple view for each attribute, like this:

Sixian_1-1611215191146.png

But, with an important difference. Each view must show only rows with the attribute value greater than a value chosen by the user (a threshold value). For instance, if the user choose the value 58%, the page should look like this:

Sixian_2-1611215387160.png

So, each different attributes is filtered by the same value.

Things are even harder, because I need the threshold value to be a variable.

If it is the only viable solution, I can accept to put the threshold value in an Excel sheet given in input to Power BI (so I can change it) and refresh Power BI every time I need to change the threshold.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

At the end, I worked around your suggestion to use Whatif[value].

I need to create a measure for each Attribute (Sigh!!!), like this:

filter Measure Attribute 01= IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attribute 01)]) >= 'Whatif'[value], "Yes", "NO")
Then, I have to apply the "filter Measure Attribute 01" to the Attribute 01 view.

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sixian , assuming Whatif[value] is your slicer. You need to have these three measures in you tables

assumes Attribute1 , Attribute2, Attribute3 are measures, or use Sum/Average or those

calculate([Attribute1], filter(Values(Table[Name]), [Attribute1] >=selectedValue(Whatif[value])))

calculate([Attribute2], filter(Values(Table[Name]), [Attribute2] >=selectedValue(Whatif[value])))

calculate([Attribute3], filter(Values(Table[Name]), [Attribute3] >=selectedValue(Whatif[value])))

At the end, I worked around your suggestion to use Whatif[value].

I need to create a measure for each Attribute (Sigh!!!), like this:

filter Measure Attribute 01= IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attribute 01)]) >= 'Whatif'[value], "Yes", "NO")
Then, I have to apply the "filter Measure Attribute 01" to the Attribute 01 view.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors