Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hurricane52

How to create a measure with a filtered card value?

Hello,

I've created two tables that mimic each other with data from auctions. From this, I've developed two sets of filters, such as the auction name, auction region, and the date the auction took place. Additionally, I have two field parameter single selection slicers that allow the user to select a value they want from the specified auction, such as number of items sold, run, sale price, average condition, etc.

The user can make selections on all of these to get two fields selected in the field parameters returned on different cards. For example, based on the first set of slicers, I can get the total sold in auction 1 from the past week (e.g., 36), and on the other card, I can get the total items run from auction 2 in the past month (e.g., 300).

Now, I'm looking to create a card that finds the difference between these values (-270). However, I cannot find a way to get the values from the first two cards in a measure in order to create a measure that subtracts the two of them. Is there a way to create this third card?

1 REPLY 1
some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hurricane52 if you need difference for two different measures, simple create third measure like

measure 3 = [measure 2]-[measure 1]

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors