Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hello Need help with week sorting

Hello, I have created below column and when I am adding it to slicer it is not giving me correct sorting order. how can I fix it?

WeekEnding =
VAR myWeekNum = WEEKNUM([Date])
VAR myYear = YEAR([Date])
VAR myEndDate = CALCULATE(MAX([Date]),FILTER(ALL(DateSlicer),YEAR([Date])=myYear && DateSlicer[WeekNum]=myWeekNum && DateSlicer[WeekDay]=6))
VAR myEndDate1 = IF(NOT(ISBLANK(myEndDate)),myEndDate,CALCULATE(MAX([Date]),FILTER(ALL(DateSlicer),YEAR([Date])=myYear+1 && DateSlicer[WeekNum]=1 && DateSlicer[WeekDay]=6)))
VAR myEndDate2 = IF(NOT(ISBLANK(myEndDate1)),myEndDate1,MAX([Date]))
RETURN " Friday " & myEndDate2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Press on your column where you have put the values for the slicer , you will find in column tools above something called sort column by , pressit and choose by weeksort column this should fix it

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eliasayyy
Super User
Super User

To sort weeks create a week id

Weekid =

VAR  _y = Year(min('table'[Date]))

RETURN

WEEKNUM('table'[Date],2) + (YEAR('table'[Date]) - _min) *53

I am using slicer and I am using weekending column from above post. how would your column help me to sort weekending column?

Can you please show me a sample of th results?

your soultion works fine. but what I want is I am trying to add different column on slicer and how can I sort it

davehardikkumar_0-1683658138390.png

in above screenshot, weeksortid is your calculation which is working fine but and I want to sort it by Weekendingtest column in slicer. how can I achieve that?

Press on your column where you have put the values for the slicer , you will find in column tools above something called sort column by , pressit and choose by weeksort column this should fix it

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors