Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Weegreen

Giving ID to rows of dates

Hi all, 

Don't think this should be complicated but has me stuck! It is something I know I can achieve in PowerQuery but need the row numbers re-asessed based on slicer options so hence I believe it needs done as a DAX measure.

• I have a list of dates which I need to order and rank as per pic, but when slicers are applied these numbers need to recalculate based on the range now available. There are duplicate dates in this list which need given numbers different to one another. The closest I have come is using RANX but whatever I get closed is aggregating dates that are the same. I drew a sketch for a friend as below (it is the 'Burndown' column I am trying to create), any help would be massively appreciated!!! 

PXL_20230519_063125490.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Weegreen I just saw that order of my picture should be reordered (1st should be 2nd lol). I still do not get your request. Maybe you should try my approach for start, with your data.

As I understand you need slice interaction, which is fine. Still, what is your input and wanted output? Give us some examples for input/output. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Weegreen  I am not sure what you need exactly, but if for part "There are duplicate dates in this list which need given numbers different to one another." you could in PQ insert index column (in my case starting from 1)

some_bih_0-1684490562110.png

I created test data, so 10.5.2023 and 12.05.2023 are duplicate dates so first picture below is before slicing and second is for slicing one date 10.5.2023. I hope this help

some_bih_2-1684490685908.png

some_bih_1-1684490632672.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @some_bih,

Thanks for replying! If it helps clarify, what I mean by being re-indexed is in your first instance, the index would show 1 and 2. But in the second instance the index would show as it does in your photo. Does that clarify at all? 

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.