Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dexter2424
Helper I
Helper I

Get a value with date and product filters

Hi,

I'm new in Power BI, and I have tried so many functions, but none of them return me the right value. 

I have a table

ProductAmountStart Date
A10001-01-2019
B20001-01-2020
B25001-05-2019
C40015-03-2020

I would like to have the following:

SUM of the Product which are between 01-01-2019 and 01-01-2020, so A=100 , B =450, C is not in the list. 
After that I would like to divide the product sum with the Total sum of the products in the mentioned time range, so: 
100/550 and 450/550 what can gives me a percentage of the product distribution.

I have part success, but the hardest thing for me is divide it in a right time range.

Please help me, I would be appreciate!

Thanks,

D.

4 REPLIES 4
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Hi Dexter

Please consider this solution

Drag the date to a slicer visual

Drag the product and sum amount to a table visual

Now drag the amount to the table visual again.  So you have product, amount, amount.

Right click on the second amount and select Show value as > Percent of grand total.

Use the date slicer to select a date range and the totals and % should display accordingly.

Hi Speedramps,

Thanks for this solution, but this is only one step in my task, after this step I need to separate with another dates and additional products as well, that's why I need a measure or extra column to the dataset. 

Regards,

Dexter

Hi again Dexter

Hope you get a solution from someone.

Sorry I am struggling to understand the scenario. If you don’t get an answer then please elaborate on the exercise.

Yes, I have found thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors