Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hello-pbi

Get Values from table using userrelationship and filters

Hi,

I have two tables with an inactive many to many relationship and no active relationships. I'll call them table A and table B. Both tables have a different number of rows. I'm trying to bring a dates column from table A into a calculated column in table B. I'm doing a row level search on table A to find the match for the new calculated column in table B by using certain filter. 

My current function in table B now looks like this - 

= calculate(count(tableA[column 1]), Filter(tableA, tableA[date1] < tableB[date2] && .........&& tableB[date2] > tableA[date2]), USERELATIONSHIP(tableA[Apple], tableB[Apple]))

the above function works perfectly and returns the count. 

However, I need the value in tableA[Column 1] to be returned using the filter in the above function and only if the above function returns 1 and then blank if it returns anything but 1.

I am not sure how to modify the above written function to return the value which would be ideal while keeping all criteria of the above function. Also, if I am referencing the above function in any other column in tableB, then I get a circular dependency error or a variable error. 

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors