Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dave-ExpSC
Helper II
Helper II

Fuel gauge percent to total by status

I am relatively new to Power BI so assistance is greatly appreciated.
I am analyzing project management data. There are no data fields. It’s all text.
Analysis primarily consists of tracking progress of project activities “status”.

I have the following relevant fields.
[Region], [Brand], [Activity], [Status] – they all sit in the ('Brand data') table
I have multiple Regions – with multiple Brands – many Activities – tracked by Status (Not Started, In Progress, Complete)
I want to create a Fuel Gauge visual that dynamically displays the “% Status” when I use the slicers of Region or Brand or Status.

I believe I need to create the following measures:
STATUS COUNT = “dynamically count the rows of status by slicer selection”
TOTAL BRAND ROWS = “count the total number of rows for the Brand based on slicer selection”
PERCENT STATUS = “STATUS COUNT / TOTAL BRAND ROWS”

I think that should provide enough information to solve the DAX formula. I’ve tried a lot of different ideas but find myself going in circles. Thanks for the help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JustJan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Dave, 

The question is not 100% clear (at least not for me).

so this is my current intepretation:

STATUS LINES := Var _Status = VALUES('Table'[Status])
return CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table'), _Status)

BRAND LINES := CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Table'), ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Brand]))

PERCENTAGE = DIVIDE([STATUS LINES] , [BRAND LINES])

If this is  not a solution... A small set of sample data and expected outcome makes it easier to help you in solving you issue. 

Jan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JustJan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Dave, 

The question is not 100% clear (at least not for me).

so this is my current intepretation:

STATUS LINES := Var _Status = VALUES('Table'[Status])
return CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table'), _Status)

BRAND LINES := CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Table'), ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Brand]))

PERCENTAGE = DIVIDE([STATUS LINES] , [BRAND LINES])

If this is  not a solution... A small set of sample data and expected outcome makes it easier to help you in solving you issue. 

Jan

Thank you. I don't understand the Status Lines formula but it works. Much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors