Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GQ
Helper I
Helper I

Filter with multiple conditions plus OR

I'm creating a report that needs to list all units in a table that have a scanned in date of either:

today with a time <+ 11:30 am OR yesterday with a time >= 11:30 am.  Currently the date and time are separate columns.

I'm new to Power BI and am guessing I need to use DAX but have not hit upon the correct syntax combination.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @GQ ,

Include = IF(AND(Max(FTable[Date])=TODAY(),MAX(FTable[Time])<= TIMEVALUE("11:30 AM")) || AND(Max(FTable[Date])=TODAY()-1,MAX(FTable[Time])>= TIMEVALUE("11:30 AM")),1,0)

Please try this.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Yes! That works - thank you!  Is there a way to hide that column from the report?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @GQ ,

Include = IF(AND(Max(FTable[Date])=TODAY(),MAX(FTable[Time])<= TIMEVALUE("11:30 AM")) || AND(Max(FTable[Date])=TODAY()-1,MAX(FTable[Time])>= TIMEVALUE("11:30 AM")),1,0)

Please try this.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Yes! That works - thank you!  Is there a way to hide that column from the report?

Hi @GQ 
Which column?

Nathaniel

I've evidently done something wrong.  When I apply the filter to the visual, my date column (not the date I'm filtering) disappears, but the unit number column remains.  I don't believe it has the correct, filtered units however.

I'll continue to experiment and get back to you.

@GQ ,
You are welcome! 

Good luck!

Nathaniel

Disregard - all is working as desired.  

Hi @GQ ,
Original table:

Nathaniel_C_0-1673905259590.png

Select the table, and drop the measure into the filter pane and set the filter to 1:

Nathaniel_C_1-1673905406554.png

Nathaniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.