Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

venkb
Helper I
Helper I

Filter rows based on date column

hello, I have the following measure

Received_Today_1 = COUNTROWS(FILTER (
ALLSELECTED(Logs),
Logs[Date] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date Table'[Date]) - 1
&& Logs[State] = "State"
&& Logs[Status] = "Success"
))

Received_Today_1 is a measure and all i wanting is to count based on the above mentioned filter for selected date - 1. so in the slicer if is select a date of 11/18/2020 then i want this measure for 11/17/2020. 

btw when i remove the -1 from the above measure it gives me the count for 11/18/2020 but when i put -1 i expect it to give me the count for 11/17 but it doesnt. what am i missing here? thanks
4 REPLIES 4
venkb
Helper I
Helper I

here you go - i have a date slicer and i select a single date from it. based on the selection i am wanting to calculate the following measure. how many rows had a status & state of success and state respectively for

• the selected date
  • selected date - 1
  • selected date - 2 and so on ie for the last 7 days of selected date

hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the reason to use ALLSELECTED? This function is used to get filters from outside the visual or get all the iterated entities from a visual. I have a strong feeling you're not using it correctly. And on top of that, this is the MOST complex function in all DAX and understanding it takes a bit of learning. Could you please explain better what you're trying to do? Maybe a picture would be useful...

venkb
Helper I
Helper I

thanks amitchandak, i tried the previousday function but it is still giving me the current day data. And yes the tables are linked through date.

btw, my goal is to for the last 7 days from the current date. so may need outside of previousday function even if it worked (sorry - i should have mentioned that in my original note)

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@venkb , if date table is joined with the table then try like for previous day

Received_Today_1 = COUNTROWS(FILTER (
ALLSELECTED(Logs),
&& Logs[State] = "State"
&& Logs[Status] = "Success"
), previousday('Date Table'[Date]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.