Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MelvinM
Frequent Visitor

Filter context doesnt apply with custom date slicer

Hello everyone,

I have implemented a new Date Picker following this quick tutorial in order to extend the possibility of filtering my data. However, I am struggling with calculating measures for the previous period selected in my Date Picker.

First, here is how my model is built:

MelvinM_0-1683232887200.png

here is the measure I want to calculate in a modified filter context:

MelvinM_0-1683301367950.png

here is a quick example of how my Dateslicer selection is built:

MelvinM_1-1683301441602.png

I then put the "Period" column in a slicer in order to select the "Last calendar week" option and then filter the Datedim table in the corresponding manner and to replace the classic between date slicer.

However, since I have implemented this configuration, I am not able to calculate the previous_period_measure with this original formula (startOfPrevPeriod and endOfPrevPeriod being out of the data range filtered with the slicer) :

MelvinM_2-1683301506156.png

Previously, without the DateSlicerSelection, the DateDim[FullDateAlternateKey] was in a between date slicer and everything was working fine. Despite the fact that I have absolutely no idea of how to fix it, I have made few observations:

I am able to get the very first Date of my DimDate table even with it is filtered with he following formula : 

MelvinM_0-1683301647158.png

Modifying my measure calculation with the following formula, I got the result for the current period selection and not the previous one:
MelvinM_1-1683301754405.png

Please, does someone has an idea on how to fix this problem ?

Best Regards,

Melvin
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors