Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter a running total of a measure to show data only until yesterday

Dear community, 

I would like to get assistance on a DAX code in Power Query that filters my running total of a measure to show values only until yesterday. 

This is the code that I have so far: 

Total Revenue 2020 = 
var LastSalesDate = CALCULATE('Acc Items 2020 Mews'[F&B 2020 Total Revenue],'Acc Items 2020 Mews'[Date]=TODAY())

RETURN
if ( SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar'[Date]) > LastSalesDate , BLANK(), 
CALCULATE('Acc Items 2020 Mews'[F&B 2020 Total Revenue], 
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Calendar'),
'Calendar'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar'[Date])  
)))

What I am trying to get is a running total of a measure [F&B 2020 Total Revenue]  that sums the total revenue for 2020 of three different departments from the table 'Acc Items 2020 Mews'. I believe that this code is not correct for the running total. 

In addition, the problem is that I want to create a running total of that measure and track its performnace next to the set budget of the year. Pretty simple visual. But my table is loaded from an active API that has values that go into several months ahead. That is why I want to restrict it to show values until yesterday, because my team is usually looking at the performance from the past day. 

Can someone help me resolve this? 

1 REPLY 1
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you add sample tables (in format that can be copied to PowerBI) from your model with anonymised data? Like this (just copy and paste into the post window).

Column1 Column2
A 1
B 2.5

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors