Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yogeshk77
Helper I
Helper I

Fetch Relative Date from another table

Need help to fetch relevant date field from other table please.

I have below two tables

Release Calendar Table - Showing Date & Release number for some of the dates

yogeshk77_0-1676295389786.png

Pull Request Table - Showing Code PR ID, Status & Committed Date

yogeshk77_1-1676295430983.png

Now, I need a DAX experession for a new Calculated Column in Pull Request Table, to show Release Date
And Logic is -
( PR Commit Date > Release Date that belongs to Release number containing either SM RL OR RM RL words AND Merge Status = Succeeded )
AND
( OR Commit Date <= Release Date that belongs to RElease Number containing either SM RL OR RM RL words AND Merge Status = Succeeded )

For e.g. End Result should look something like this in Pull Request Table

yogeshk77_2-1676295499858.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

CalculatedColumn=IF(PullRequestTable[Merge Status]="succeeded",MINXX(FILTER(ReleaseCalendarTable,(CONTAINSSTRING(ReleaseCalendarTable[Release Number],"SM RL")||CONTAINSSTRING(ReleaseCalendarTable[Release Number],"RM RL"))&&ReleaseCalendarTable[Release Date]>=PullRequestTable[Commit Date]),ReleaseCalendarTable[Release Date]))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

CalculatedColumn=IF(PullRequestTable[Merge Status]="succeeded",MINXX(FILTER(ReleaseCalendarTable,(CONTAINSSTRING(ReleaseCalendarTable[Release Number],"SM RL")||CONTAINSSTRING(ReleaseCalendarTable[Release Number],"RM RL"))&&ReleaseCalendarTable[Release Date]>=PullRequestTable[Commit Date]),ReleaseCalendarTable[Release Date]))

You are awesome ! Thanks much !

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yogeshk77 ,

I have created a simple sample, please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

Create measures.

Measure = var _1=IF(CONTAINSSTRING(MAX('Release Calendar Table'[Release Number]),"SM RL"),1,IF(CONTAINSSTRING(MAX('Release Calendar Table'[Release Number]),"RM RL"),1,BLANK()))
RETURN _1
Measure 2 = MINX(FILTER(ALL('Release Calendar Table'),'Release Calendar Table'[Release date]>=MAX('Pull Request Table'[Commit Date])&&[Measure]=1),'Release Calendar Table'[Release date])

vpollymsft_0-1676353607558.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for help, but I needed a Custom Column instead of a measure. Got the solution now. Thank you anyways.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.