Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fischelr01
Frequent Visitor

Divide multiple columns by one column

I have a measure that counts the number of funnel deals per stage. 

Deal Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('FY, CW, CL Combined'[Stage Count]))

I need to create a calculation that divides Stage-1 through Stage - 5 by stage 6.... in other words

Stage-1/Stage-6

Stage-2/Stage-6

Stage-4/Stage-6

Stage-5/Stage-6

Stage-6/Stage-6

The count measure was very straight forward.  Can't figure out how to make a measure that only includes stages 1-5, and a measure that only includes stage 6, allowing me to divide the former by the ladder.

fischelr01_0-1572366133613.png

Above is my count table, by stage.  For example of what I'm looking for, I'd need:

525/7670

393/7670

376/7184

278/7184

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @fischelr01 ,

You can do this in Power Query.  Here is my solution.Solution 
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@Nathaniel_C 

I'm having trouble extracting your file.  Is it possible to describe your solution in this thread?

Thanks!

Hi @fischelr01 ,

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUTJSio0FAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Prospect = _t, Evaluate = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Prospect", Int64.Type}, {"Evaluate", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each [Prospect]+[Evaluate]),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Added Custom",{{"Custom", "Total"}}),
    #"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Custom", each Value.Divide([Prospect],[Total])),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom1",{{"Custom", Percentage.Type}}),
    #"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Changed Type1",{{"Custom", "Pros %"}}),
    #"Added Custom2" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns1", "Evaluate %", each Value.Divide([Evaluate],[Total])),
    #"Changed Type2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom2",{{"Evaluate %", Percentage.Type}}),
    #"Added Custom3" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type2", "Total %", each Value.Divide([Total],[Total])),
    #"Changed Type3" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom3",{{"Total %", Percentage.Type}, {"Pros %", type number}}),
    #"Changed Type4" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type3",{{"Pros %", Percentage.Type}})
in
    #"Changed Type4"

Here is the advanced editor in Power Query. If you go to the Home tab in Power Query, you will see it.  Click on it to open, and then paste the above into it.  If you do this in a new Power BI, you may have to enter a little table to see it active. Here is my table. Create this, then open the Advance Editor, copy and paste right over the code that is there.  You will see the steps on the right side, and you can walk through each step to see what I did.
per1.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @fischelr01 ,

Not sure if I understand...would you provide what your expected outcome would look like?

Please read this post to get your question answered more quickly:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490
Nathaniel

So, trying to mimic this from Excel.

Stages 1-5 are all divided by stage-6.

fischelr01_0-1572374919287.png

fischelr01_1-1572374950444.png

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors