Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DustinD
Helper I
Helper I

Dax help to filter data down.

Hey guys, 

im stuck on a dax problem. any help is apriceated. so below i have the date table. this date table takes 2 snapshots a week of are data. it takes the snap shots on sunday and wednesday. i would like to filter this down to only see the snap shots taken on wednesday. how would i go about this in dax? thanks!

DustinD_0-1689771026449.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DustinD
Helper I
Helper I

i have solved this.so the dax i have below i put into a coulmn and then put it as a visual level filter. and then i set the filter to is 4 for wednesday. 

WedCheck =
WEEKDAY(Fact_SalesOrderHistory[ImportDate])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DustinD
Helper I
Helper I

i have solved this.so the dax i have below i put into a coulmn and then put it as a visual level filter. and then i set the filter to is 4 for wednesday. 

WedCheck =
WEEKDAY(Fact_SalesOrderHistory[ImportDate])
Copycat
Frequent Visitor

Good day,

as far as I understand your issue, I see two possibilites here:

1. You can change the date format from short to long, then it will include also week day name and then you can use a slicer to filter only specific day name.
  2. You can use below formula to filter only Wednesday dates:

WednesdayDates = 
FILTER (
    'Table_Name', 
    WEEKDAY('Table_Name'[Column_Name]) = 4 -- 4 corresponds to Wednesday (Sunday is 1)
)

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DustinD ,

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors