Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Krijgerss21
Helper II
Helper II

Dax calculation

Hello guys I need these  calculation to work for a card visual to display the value of sum auditfile

CALCULATE(SUM('2 (Auditfile)'[saldo]), IF(VALUES('2 (Auditfile)'[fiscalYear])>2018,[fiscalyear]-1))

why doesnt it work i want the value of sum saldo  
many thanks :):):)
6 REPLIES 6
Krijgerss21
Helper II
Helper II

i need something like this :
if(selectedvalue(auditfile[fiscalyear]=2019,selectvalue(auditfile[fiscalyear]-1),
calculate(sum(auditfile[saldo])

but this doesnt work, so i need a measure that if i select a fiscal year in slicer it gives me the sum of saldo of the previous year but i cant use the previous year functie because the way i have the data

Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Krijgerss21,

My understanding is that you want sum of saldo when for dates after the fiscal year 2018. Try:

CALCULATE(SUM('2 (Auditfile)'[saldo]),FILTER('2 (Auditfile)','2 (Auditfile)'[fiscalYear])>2018))

Works for you? Mark this post as a solution if it does!
Consider taking a look at my blog: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

hey @Shaurya  you got it almost i want sum of saldo when in a slicer is 2018 selected i want the sum saldo of 2017, when in the slicer 2019 is selected i want the sum of saldo from 2018, when 2020 is selected i want sum of saldo from 2019 etc etc       previeus year function doesnt work for me the way my data is but it think its something like your dax formula

Hi @Krijgerss21 ,

Here I suggest you to create an unrelated Fiscal Year Table for slicer and create a measure to achieve your goal.

My Sample:

RicoZhou_1-1666600708722.png

Fiscal Year Table:

Fiscal Year = VALUES(Auditfile[fiscalYear])

Measure:

Measure = 
VAR _SELECTYEAR = VALUES('Fiscal Year'[fiscalYear])
VAR _PREVIOUSYEAR = SUMMARIZE( ADDCOLUMNS(_SELECTYEAR,"PY",[fiscalYear] - 1),[PY])
RETURN 
CALCULATE(SUM(Auditfile[saldo]),FILTER(Auditfile,Auditfile[fiscalYear] IN _PREVIOUSYEAR))

Result is as below.

RicoZhou_0-1666600691883.png

RicoZhou_2-1666600721657.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i need something like this but this doesnt work:
if(selectedvalue(auditfile[fiscalyear])>=2019, selectvalue(auditfile[fiscalyear] -1),
calculate(sum(auditfile[saldo])

so if i select a year in  a slicer i want the value of the previous year. the previous year functie does not work for me the way i have the data.

hey @v-rzhou-msft if i use your meassure it returns blanks if i put the new fiscalyear table in it if i use the slicer with auditfile fiscalyear it returns the same value of the year i selected but i want the sum of saldo 2018 if i select 2019 in the slicer iwant the sum of saldo 2019 if i select 2020 enz enz

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors